Dental Hygiene Service
A Dental hygienist works alongside the dentist and plays a supportive role in delivering exceptional oral hygiene care service to meet the oral health needs of the patient.
The Dental hygienists’ emphasis is on preventive and maintenance of oral health, management of oral hygiene habits/ behavior with a great emphasis on the
importance of proper oral health in relation to our general health.
The duties of the Dental hygienist become increasingly vital in the practice, they do their best to help educate you to understand any further action that needs to be taken at home to achieve healthy oral hygiene.
Our experienced Dental hygienist is committed in providing you with quality dental treatment to help maintain optimal oral health and create possibilities in achieving a
At SLDC our Dentist and our Dental hygienist use a different kind of approach in scaling and polishing the teeth. It is the latest, systematic professional approach of caring for your teeth and gums to keep them at their absolute best.
We use EMS -Oral Prophylaxis Master device with GBT approach.
Guided Biofilm Therapy (GBT) is the new state of the art, effective and gentle system in the prevention, maintenance, and treatment of removing plaque, calculus, and stains from natural teeth, restorations, and implant. It is also efficient, comfortable, and safe.
Clinical services Dental hygienist provides includes:
- Takes care of screening procedures and examines a patient’s gums and teeth and accesses oral health conditions. They may also review oral health history, dental charts, take diagnostic x-rays, and make impressions of your teeth.
- Perform scaling and polishing of teeth to remove plaque and calculus from your teeth to prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
- Perform non-surgical periodontal therapy
- Provide fluoride treatment and fissure sealants to your teeth.
- Educate patients to establish good oral hygiene habits to maintain oral health